- Use a less deep POV for heavily emotional scenes
- Emotional doesn’t mean melodramatic
- Don’t skip scenes that are a part of the character’s emotional journey
- Don’t allow a disconnection between the reader and characters
1) How can you go about making a reader cry if you don’t overplay the character’s emotions?
2) Does anguish attract or detach a reader
3) Can people feel empathy or sympathy for something they don’t necessarily understand? -> Never went through anything similar in real life