- Use Strong specific nouns
- Use Adjectives
- Don’t use too many adverbs or adjectives
- Don’t use stereotypes
- Avoid cliches
- Atmosphere depends on word choice.
- Use five senses; sight, sound, touch, taste, smell
- Used to communicate specific information.
- Tool to show information about character(s).
- Elements -> Location, Time, Historical Time, Seasonal Time, Daily Time, Weather
1) How can you incorporate setting smoothly into writing?
2) Isn’t a large setting paragraph a bad thing?
3) Is the setting always important? What if the setting is just a city, no other significance than the population size and modernness of it